The Ackermann Award is the EACSL Outstanding Dissertation Award for Logic in Computer Science. It is presented during the annual conference of the EACSL (CSL’xx).
Since 2017, the Award is sponsored by the association Alumni der Informatik Dortmund e.V.
From 2010 to 2016, the Award has been sponsored by the Kurt Gödel Society.
For the three years 2007-2009, the Award was sponsored by Logitech, S.A., Romanel, Switzerland, the world’s leading provider of personal peripherals.
Ackermann Award 2019
- Antoine Mottet
Dichotomies in Constraint Satisfaction Canonical Functions and Numeric CSPs
Technische Universität Dresden (Germany) in 2018, supervisor: Manuel Bodirski
The Jury consisted of
- Christel Baier (TU Dresden);
- Michael Benedikt (University of Oxford);
- Mikolaj Bojanczyk (University of Warsaw);
- Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Paris-Saclay);
- Dexter Kozen (Cornell University);
- Dale Miller (INRIA and Ecole Polytechnique), ACM SigLog representative;
- Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
- Thomas Schwentick (TU Dortmund), the president of EACSL.
A detailed report will be published in the CSL 2020 proceedings.
The Award is sponsored by the association Alumni der Informatik Dortmund e.V.