The Ackermann Award is the EACSL Outstanding Dissertation Award for Logic in Computer Science. It is presented during the annual conference of the EACSL (CSL’xx).
Since 2017, the Award is sponsored by the association Alumni der Informatik Dortmund e.V.
From 2010 to 2016, the Award has been sponsored by the Kurt Gödel Society.
For the three years 2007-2009, the Award was sponsored by Logitech, S.A., Romanel, Switzerland, the world’s leading provider of personal peripherals.
Ackermann Award 2020
The Ackermann Award 2020 is given to
Benjamin Lucien Kaminski
for his thesis
Advanced Weakest Precondition Calculi for Probabilistic Programs
defended at RWTH Aachen (Germany) in 2019. Supervisor: Joost-Pieter Katoen
A detailed report will be published in the CSL 2021 proceedings.
The Jury consisted of
- Christel Baier (TU Dresden);
- Michael Benedikt (Oxford University);
- Mikolaj Bojanczyk (University of Warsaw);
- Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Paris-Saclay);
- Prakash Panangaden (McGill University);
- Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
- Thomas Schwentick (TU Dortmund), the president of EACSL;
- Alexandra Silva, (University College London), ACM SigLog representative.
The Award is sponsored by the association Alumni der Informatik Dortmund e.V.