The Ackermann Award is the EACSL Outstanding Dissertation Award for Logic in Computer Science. It is presented during the annual conference of the EACSL (CSL’xx).
Since 2017, the Award is sponsored by the association Alumni der Informatik Dortmund e.V.
From 2010 to 2016, the Award has been sponsored by the Kurt Gödel Society.
For the three years 2007-2009, the Award was sponsored by Logitech, S.A., Romanel, Switzerland, the world’s leading provider of personal peripherals.
Ackermann Award 2022
The Ackermann Award 2022 is given to
for his thesis
Superposition for Higher-Order Logic
defended at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, (Netherlands) in 2021.
Supervisors: Jasmin Blanchette, Uwe Waldmann, and Wan Fokkink
A detailed report is published in the CSL 2023 proceedings.
The 2022 Ackermann award was presented to the recipients at the annual conference of the EACSL, CSL 2023, in Warsaw.
The Jury consisted of
- Christel Baier (TU Dresden);
- Maribel Fernandez (King’s College London);
- Delia Kesner (IRIF, U Paris);
- Slawomir Lasota (U Warsaw);
- Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Paris-Saclay);
- Prakash Panangaden (McGill University);
- Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
- Thomas Schwentick (TU Dortmund), the president of EACSL;
- Alexandra Silva, (University College London), ACM SigLog representative;
- James Worrell (U Oxford).